Purpose: URM recognises our moral and legal responsibilities to provide a safe work environment, in line with the Work Health & Safety Act 2011.
URM’s commitment to safety means that we will:
- Comply with all relevant legislation, standards and policies to promote a safe and healthy workplace and working conditions for our employees, sub-contractors and other individuals judged to be within our duty of care.
- Educate, train and provide reasonable resources for all employees to work safely in accordance with our Safe Work Procedures; Toolbox instructions; Staff Memos and Industry advices.
- Take a holistic approach to incidents and accidents including taking reasonable preventative measures to assess risk and a sound and systematic Recover at Work Program.
- Where relevant, consult with staff and contractors to improve the health and safety of our work environment.
- Evaluate our work, health and safety performance via clear business objectives and a target of 2% annual improvement.
- Continuously improve our Work Health and Safety Management System accredited to AS/NZ 4801:2001 and as updated through regular management reviews and external site audits.
Safe conduct by our employees is our priority.
Compliance with this policy is the personal responsibility of all URM Employees. Employees who fail in this requirement will be subject to URM’s Disciplinary System.
Our Supervisors and Company Officers have a special duty to ensure that employees perform their duties in a safe manner. Overall responsibility and accountability for WH&S and Injury Management vests with the Managing Director.
This policy is periodically reviewed in accordance with the requirements of the WHSMP.