Expect efficient service with minimal disruption to your business. URM’s certified team follows strict government regulations and OH&S requirements.
Hazardous materials cannot go in regular garbage bins. They must be handled with extreme care and disposed of responsibly.
We provide hazardous waste and asbestos removal for
major sectors such as:
- Construction / demolition
- Property / real estate
- Medical (hospitals and clinics)
WANT THREE MONTHS FREE?
URM has provided excellent customer service to clients for 40 years.
We’d like to show you what efficiency and superior customer care look like by starting you off with up to three months free!*
*Three months free offer is based on a minimum three-year term contract for new commercial customers.
New one or two year contract customers are eligible for one or two months of free services respectively.
WHAT IS ASBESTOS?
Asbestos is a natural occurring fibre. It’s a powerful insulator and resistant to fire, heat and chemicals. It was in thousands of building materials until the 90s. It gained popularity because the flexible fibre was easy to add to products.
Materials that may contain asbestos include:
- Heat and noise insulation
- Fire-resistant materials
- Exterior siding
- Doors, windows, flooring and ceilings.
WHY IS ASBESTOS SO DANGEROUS?
It’s a highly dangerous carcinogen (cancer-causing agent). Effects include an incurable lung cancer called mesothelioma.
If disturbed, asbestos particles can release into the air and get in your lungs. Even brief exposure may be harmful to your health. Asbestos-related symptoms may not show up for decades.
Studies predict 19,400 new cases of mesothelioma by the end of the century. Industrial exposures expect to cause 58% of future diagnoses. The remaining 42% from other exposure types. This includes home renovation or environmental exposure.
That’s why it’s crucial to remove it safely and responsibly.
REMOVE ASBESTOS WITHOUT RISKING YOUR HEALTH
Asbestos is a major health hazard. Removing it yourself is risky and not recommended. It can be hard to spot if mixed with other materials.
Our certified experts know what to look for and can remove it safely for you. They use specific tools and clothing, and follow strict OH&S procedures.
Don’t risk your health. Talk to us before undergoing demolition or renovation.
BOOK ASBESTOS REMOVAL AND DISPOSAL
If you know or suspect you have asbestos at your home or work site, call us.
We’ll conduct a free assessment and give a cost-competitive quote.
Get an affordable asbestos removal quote for renovations, construction or demolition jobs.